The Societal and Economic working group is responsible for studying the challenges and trends of applying Internet of Things technology in Egypt along with the economic and business aspects related to the development and implementation of this technology.
The main goals of the Societal and Economic working group are:
- Identify trends and opportunities of applying IoT technology for solving pressing problems facing the society in Egypt.
- Identify the challenges of applying IoT technology in the different domains and business types.
- Propose IoT applications that contribute to solve major problems in the different sectors including health, energy, transportation, etc.
- Promote IoT technology and increase its acceptability in the Egyptian market.
- Define market enablers and business models for the different IoT application categories.
- Study possible collaborations to cover the economic aspects of IoT.